Does the thought of walking into an empty bakery at 11 p.m. and leaving by 5 a.m. with a bakery case full of beautiful, just baked pastries, snacks, and breads appeal to you? This can be the ultimate in a rewarding job for the right person. Best of all, when you leave for the day, you know people will be enjoying every bite you baked (and now you smell like cinnamon!).
Atlanta Bread is a leader in the bakery café segment, offering guests consistently great food made from fresh, quality ingredients. We continually expand our menu to include new foods that satisfy a variety of tastes. From hot breakfast sandwiches to grilled Paninis at lunch and dinner – and catering for businesses and special events – Atlanta Bread Company truly is “more than just bread.”
We are seeking individuals who desire to be a part of a thrilling team of professionals. Come on and jump on for the ride of a lifetime!
Creates delicious bread and bagels. Prepares dough, hand shapes loaves, rolls bagels/pretzels, utilizes stone hearth oven. Maintains clean/sanitary work area. Requires long periods of standing, walking and lifting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Will assist bread staff in one or more of the following areas:
- Prepares dough for baking
- Working the ovens
- Rolling bagels and pretzels
- Using all equipment safely
- Keeping a clean and sanitary work area
- Checks production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Responsible for preparing baked goods in accordance with company standards on merchandise presentation, safety, sanitation, service and suggestive selling
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous baking experience a plus
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly during an 8 hour shift
- Comfortable with repetitive motions
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule
- Able to follow through with verbal instructions
- Passion for great food
- Strong outrageous enthusiasm
- Strong Attention to detail
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old